These educational blocks are a foundational Montessori material that not only introduces reading through letter blending and rhyming, but encourages learning through independent play and self-empowerment.
Each of the 5 wooden rods features one vowel and a set of consonants that rotate. Children can discover how they can control words through manipulating these blocks, thus allowing them to see words transform such as changing CAT < HAT and HAT < BAG.
- TEACHES READING: Children are introduced to reading and simple 3-letter CVC words through this tactile, movable CVC word builder. The set creates 60+ real and common words plus much more for further decoding practice.
- SELF-DIRECTED & SELF-CORRECTIVE: Complete with a set of 30 game CVC flashcards that grow with the beginner reader. The flashcards are double-sided, boundable, multi-purpose, and heavy duty. They are designed to engage readers of all levels. One side of the flashcards features a picture with the corresponding word, while the other side features just a picture. This self-corrective feature allows children to learn independently.
- TRAVEL-FRIENDLY: Compact with bounded flashcards & a travel tote bag = the perfect on-the-go toddler toy.
- GIFTABLE & COMPREHENSIVE: Storage gift box + 26 pages of downloadable CVC worksheets + phonics game ideas. The best educational gift idea for preschoolers, kindergarteners, & 1st graders.
- ECO-FRIENDLY & DURABLE WOOD TOY: Made with durable & sustainable solid German beech wood, a hardwood that will keep its shape and beauty for years.
- SAFE & NON-TOXIC: 3rd-party certified to meet and exceed all US Toy Safety Regulations (ASTM-F963 and CA Prop 65). Our Spin-and-Read Blocks use non-toxic paint & finishing and are free from harmful metals or chemicals.
ALL-IN ONE READING EDUCATIONAL LEARNING TOY
Little Bud Kids Spin-and-Read manipulative alphabet blocks are the only all-in-one wooden phonetic reading blocks on the market. We provide all you need to get started for your pre-k child or kindergartener - from alphabet letter sound guides to bonus downloadable reading and writing worksheets and phonic activities for your 3, 4, 5, and 6-year-old. Get your portable, Montessori movable alphabet set today!
A portion of the proceeds from every purchase of our Spin-and-Read Blocks goes towards educating a refugee child living in Malaysia. Click here for more details.
A WOODEN TOY WITH PURPOSE
Carefully selected letter combinations maximize the # of modern English CVC words. Our goal is to teach both common words + advanced vocabulary, while avoiding the # of obsolete words.
Traditional print allows the beginner reader to confidently build upon existing letter recognition.
Large & smooth beveled-edge blocks for ultimate comfort and safety.
Real-life image flashcards & our animal alphabet card provide a real understanding of the world. These supplementary materials allow children to engage in self-correction from letter sounds to spelling.
Save prep time and eliminate the need to create your own single-use phonics material.
Travel tote bag & secured flash cards for learning in the car, airplane, doctor's office, and restaurant!
Forget the plastic! Take care of the earth by choosing sustainably-harvested wooden toys that extend past the life of many plastic toys. We choose beech wood for its hardiness and beauty.
5 wooden phonetic reading block rods each with 1 featured vowel
1 set of 30 double-sided flashcards bounded by a removable metal ring
1 travel tote bag
1 gift-ready reusable storage Box
1 alphabet chart + play ideas card
** Access to 26 pages of bonus downloadable worksheets + reading and playing tips **
Since our blocks are made with completely solid wood, versus MDF or plastic, there will be natural variations to the cut of each individual block and how it fits together with its partnering blocks. Each block is unique with character, so please note this does not operate like a machine-made plastic toy!
Studies show that over 60% of American fourth graders are not "proficient" in reading. This is an alarming statistic, but not surprising given that many educational systems are not equipping educators and parents with a basic framework of how to approach reading for beginner readers.
Phonics is a time-tested methodology that teaches the sounds that correspond with letters and letter groups. In fact, studies show that phonics instruction greatly improves a child's foundation for word recognition, spelling, and reading comprehension.
SO, WHAT'S THE DEAL?
1) Phonics is extremely impactful to a child's reading foundation.
2) There is a disconnect between the reading science and implementation in schools.
3) Students with a poor reading foundation will have a difficult time in building reading fluency.
4) Beginner readers in the US today require reading support at home to supplement what is being taught (or not taught) in schools.
5) Our Spin-and-Read Blocks are designed to help fill the gap of phonetic literacy. Our mission is to help empower boys and girls to discover the power of reading on their own as they use and explore these phonetic reading blocks.